This Statement describes how we use your personal information in connection with this contract with you. Please take the time to read it carefully. You have a number of rights in relation to your information including the right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interests. When you purchase a motor vehicle from us, we will be one of the companies responsible for handling your personal information (known as a "controller" under data protection law). The personal information collected by us includes your name address, contact information, telephone number, email address, finance information and any other details furnished by you in completing this form.
We collect your personal information to enter into a contract with you to sell a motor vehicle to you and/or to purchase a motor vehicle from you by way of a trade in. It is a requirement of the contract that we enter into with you that you provide all personal information requested on this form (with the exception of an email address). If you do not provide us with contact details we may not be able to perform our contract, for example, we will not be able to call you when your vehicle arrives. In order to process your personal information for this purpose, the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party. We may use your personal information for direct marketing purposes to make you aware of products and services which may interest you or for customer satisfaction surveys where you have not objected to us doing so. As part of our marketing activities, we may also use your personalinformation (including, where permitted by you and your finance provider, any finance details) to analyse your suitability for trade-ins or upgrades. We may do this by phone, post, email, text or through other digital media. Where we do so we rely on the lawful processing ground of legitimate
interest and our legitimate interest is to develop relationships with our existing customers and to assess our performance and standards.
When you purchase a new motor vehicle from us we will use your personal information to register the motor vehicle with the Revenue Commissioners to pay any VRT and VAT on the vehicle or, where applicable to apply for a VRT, VAT and/or motor tax exemption on your behalf, as required by law. We may also use your personal information to comply with any obligation under anti money laundering legislation, for the purposes of any statutory audit or for any other legal obligation to which we are subject.
We may also use your personal information to manage our everyday business needs, including accounting and to prevent fraud. Where we do so we rely on the lawful processing ground of legitimate interest and our legitimate interest is in the effective management of our business.
We may hold your personal information for a period of 7 years from the date of completion of this contract or from the end date of any warranty period, whichever is the later. We may hold this data for a longer period if we are legally required to do so.
We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances we will take specific steps, in accordance with data protection law, to protect your personal information. In particular, for transfers of personal data, outside the EEA where there is no adequacy decision by the European
Commission we may rely on contractual protections approved by the European Commission.
You have several rights under data protection law in relation to how we useyour personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
1. check what type of personal data we holds about you and what we do with that information.You are also entitled to receive a copy of this information
2. rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you
3. erase personal information we hold about you
4. stop us from using your personal information in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or our use of your information is unlawful. If you exercise this right, we will store your personal information and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved;
5. object to us using your personal information where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your information. We will stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate grounds for the continued processing of this information; and
6. receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that data transmitted to another data controller. These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details contained in this order form. We will endeavour to respond to your request within a month. If we are unable to deal with your request within a month we may extend this period by a further two months and we will explain why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission. This consent can be withdrawn at any time free of charge.
For further information on data protection see www.dataprotection.ie